1. COLLECTION FOR A SPECIFIC PURPOSE
- 1.1. When you use the site or mobile application personal information will be processed and collected in order for successful proactive asset monitoring whereby assets are entered into a database by you.
- 1.2. The processing and collection of information is necessary to carry out actions for the conclusion and performance of the agreement between you and Asset Pool.
- 1.3. If you do not enter the personal information requested by the database the asset monitoring application will not function correctly.
- 1.4 It is your responsibility to ensure that all personal information entered into the database is complete, accurate, not misleading and updated annually.
- 1.5 If you do not consent to the collection and processing of your information and the terms incorporated herein are not acceptable to you, do not continue to browse or use our Site or mobile application.
- 1.6. By continuing with the site and mobile application you consent that you are an adult with full contractual capacity.
- 1.7. By continuing with the site and mobile application you confirm that you have the necessary authority to bind your Company.
2. WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION
- 2.1. We use your information in particular for the following reasons:
- 2.1.1. To provide you with services you have requested and notify you about important changes or developments to these services;
- 2.1.2. To respond to your inquiries and/or complaints or process your requests in relation to your information;
- 2.1.3. To follow up as part of our customer care procedures;
- 2.1.4. For internal record keeping;
- 2.1.5. To improve our products and services;
- 2.2.1.The processing of your personal information is necessary to perform a contract or enter into a contract with you;
- 2.2.2.The processing of your personal information is necessary for us to comply with legal and regulatory obligations; or
- 2.2.3.The processing is necessary to support our legitimate interests in managing our business (or those of a third party) provided such interests are not overridden by your interests and rights.
- 3.1. The personal information which is collected from you will include but is not limited to:
- 3.1.1. Your name and contact information, including email address and company details which you may submit to us when you interact with the site;
- 3.2. When you use the site, Asset Pool automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser or mobile platform, including your location, IP address, cookie information, and the page you requested. We treat this data as non-personal information, except where we are compelled to do otherwise by law or legal authority.
- 3.3. The purpose for which the personal information is collected is defined in clause 1 supra;
- 3.4. The collection and processing of the personal information is mandatory for participation in the site and mobile application;
4. HOW LONG DOES ASSETPOOL KEEP YOUR INFORMATION
- 4.1. We are required to ensure that your personal information is accurate and maintained in a secure environment for a period of time no longer than necessary for the purposes for which we are processing your personal information. We generally keep personal information collected via the site in accordance with the timeframes set out in any relevant legislation which applies to the personal information provided to us. However, in some cases we may need to keep personal information for longer.
- 4.2. Please note that you have a right to object to the processing of your personal information where that processing is carried out for our legitimate interests.
5. SECURITY SAFEGUARDS
- 5.1. Asset Pool has technological and procedural security safeguards in place and will use its best endeavours to protect your personal information.
- 5.2. Should you suspect that your personal information be compromised we request that you notify us immediately.
- 5.3. As soon as we become aware of a compromise of your personal information we shall notify you via your last known email address.
- 6.1. We may place small text files called ‘cookies’ on your device when you visit our website. These files do not contain personal data, but they do contain a personal identifier allowing us to associate your personal data with a certain device. These files serve a number of useful purposes for you, including:
- 6.1.1. tailoring our website’s functionality to you personally by letting us remember your preferences;
- 6.1.2. improving how our site performs;
- 6.1.3. allowing third parties to provide services to our website; and
- 6.1.4. helping us deliver targeted advertising where appropriate in compliance with the applicable laws.
7. THIRD PARTY COOKIES
8. LOCATION SERVICES
8.1. AssetPool capture a user’s location once per inspection and only at the time of submitting an inspection. The location is used to determine the location of the Asset being inspected. AssetPool does not make use of constant location tracking. A "fine location" is used when capturing the location to make sure the location of the Asset and Inspection being performed is as accurate as possible.